Tuesday, May 1, 2007

McCain At Wedding March: "I Am Prepared To Lead"

With thanks and apologies to the AP


Sen. John McCain touted his experience and Western roots in his bid for the White House during a brief campaign stop Saturday at Stan and Linda Smith's wedding reception in Elko, Nevada.


During the traditional wedding march, McCain took the initiative and stepped to the front of the line.

"I am prepared to lead," the Arizona Republican told the approximately 30 guests, out of the 150 in attendance, who began lining up for the march.

McCain's visit to the reception was part of a five-state, four-day swing to officially kickoff his presidential campaign.

During the march, he told supporters: "It's not lightly, my friends, that I embark on this effort to be leader of the free world and this wedding march."
Later, McCain took the small stage in the reception hall to address the crowd, criticizing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid while offering his solutions to the Iraq war.

"I know war. I know peace. I served in the military, I know how the military works. I know how the world works," he said.

Then, to the crowd's delight, McCain burst into a rendition of "Copa Cabana".

No comments: